Many people use laptops or desktops for work. However, it’s easy to leave fingerprints on your screen when you’re working on your laptop. Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, here are some simple steps on how to clean fingerprints off laptop screen.
Before you start cleaning:
Turn off the laptop and remove it from its socket before you clean it. This will allow a short circuit to occur if liquid or water were to get inside the laptop. You may check out the guide on How to Keep a Laptop Cool in a Hot Car
How to clean fingerprints off laptop screen?
- Clean the area where the fingerprint is located with a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol. This will prevent the alcohol from staining your laptop.
- Let the alcohol dry completely before you move on to the next step.
- Use a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol to gently rub the fingerprint off your screen.
- Once the fingerprint has been removed, wipe the area down with a soft cloth.
- You may need to repeat these steps if you’ve used a lot of alcohol.
- If you’re not sure if the fingerprint has been removed, use a dry cotton swab to check.
For better cleaning:
- An old cloth can make the screen dirtier and should not be used for better cleaning.
- Don’t use a hard cloth because it can scratch your screen.
- If you press hard on the screen, it can cause the device to fail.
- Blow-dry the plugged area of the laptop using a dryer. You can use the hair dryer to generate heat in the dry region to melt the lint. Moreover, you can also use compressed air to vacuum the region, but ensure it is dry because moist lacunae will make it challenging for you to clean the area.
How to Clean fingerprints using distilled water
If you have fingerprints on your laptop screen, there is an easy and effective way to clean them off. All you need is distilled water and a cloth. Wet the cloth with distilled water, then use it to rub the fingerprint smudges off of the screen. Be sure to work from the bottom of the screen up, as this will help avoid streaks. Once all the fingerprint residue is gone, dry the screen off with a cloth. You may read also the guide on the best laptops for biology majors
Useful Tips for the cloth to use for cleaning
If there are fingerprints on your laptop screen, you can try to clean them with a microfiber cloth. You should use light pressure when cleaning the fingerprints so that they do not scrape off. If the fingerprints are really persistent, you can try using ammonia or alcohol-based cleaner to get rid of them.
In conclusion, fingerprints can be removed from laptop screens with a little bit of patience and some common household items. By following the steps above, you should be able to clean your laptop screen and have it looking as good as new.
What can you use to clean your touch screen laptop?
To clean the screen, you can clean it off using a screen cleaning cloth or wipes or a soft, dry, lint-free cloth. If necessary, you can apply warm water, isopropyl alcohol (IPA) solution 70% or less, or eyeglass cleaner. Never use any commercially available cleaning products, such as glass cleaner. Do not put it in the sun. You may read the complete guide on how long do dell Inspiron laptops last
Can you use alcohol wipes to clean your laptop screen?
If you are using a laptop, do not spray liquids directly onto its display. Use a clean microfiber cloth with a small amount of 70% isopropanol or a 70% ethanol cleaning wipe to wipe the whole thing down. Make sure to double-check the screen’s edges and the entire surface to ensure it is completely clean.
Can I use sanitizer to clean the laptop screen?
Yes, you can use sanitizer to clean your laptop screen. However, you should avoid using a lot of pressure when cleaning the screen, as this could damage it. Additionally, you should avoid using harsh chemicals or solvents when cleaning the screen, as these could also damage it.